Improving Board Governance Practice
As a board member have you considered the following?
- What are your responsibilities as a Board Member?
- Could you be personally liable when Canada Revenue calls?
- If there was fraud in your organization how quickly would it be uncovered?
- Do some Board Members want to manage the organization while others see a different role for the board?
- What questions should you be asking the CEO and how can that become a comfortable part of ongoing procedures?
Join us as we review the answers to these and many other questions specific to your board. We gather information before the workshop, review that information with you and then provide practical steps to move forward with what you’ve learned.
Our services can be provided in three modules:
Module 1: Document Review
- Review Incorporation documents and by-laws
- Review Mandate, Vision, Mission, Strategic Plan.
- Review current Board Structure and Practices
- Review Board Documentation
Module 2: Board Survey
- Confidential survey of board members to assess commonality of purpose; areas identified for improvement and priorities for strategic plan.
Module 3: Board Governance Workshop
- Results of the Document Review and advice for moving forward
- Current Board structure and discussion of best practices
- Discussion of issues and priorities - from surveys and documentation review
- The role of the Audit Committee and financial oversight
- Outline of practical next steps
Site and Agenda
Developed to suit your specific needs, this Governance Workshop is designed to start with Dinner on a Friday evening and conclude following a short session after lunch on Saturday and will take place at the Annapolis Basin Conference Centre (ABCC).
Nestled on the shores of the Annapolis Basin, the ABCC is a premier training facility and provides a tranquil setting to relax, relate and learn.