2016 ESL/EAL SUMMER CAMP
Annapolis Basin Conference Centre
Students will live an adventure while improving their English!
The ESL/EAL Camp is held at the Annapolis Basin Conference Centre, in the community of Cornwallis Park, Nova Scotia.
Annapolis Basin Conference Centre has hosted camps for over twenty years. Each summer, over a thousand youth participate in the Canadian Government’s cadet program onsite. Located in the safe, rural community of Cornwallis in southwestern Nova Scotia, the camp enjoys water views and hikes in the nearby forest. On site counselors run the activities and provide round the clock support.
Located on the shore of the Annapolis Basin the facility offers the following on-site amenities:
- Residence, two students per room.
- Outdoor recreational spaces - soccer, sand volley ball
- Indoor pool and fitness facilities at the adjacent YMCA
- Hiking Trails
The ESL/EAL Camp offers an experience you’ll cherish for a lifetime. Your camp adventure includes activities such as:
- Upper Clements Adventure Park
- Wilderness camping
- Forest and beach hikes
- Whale watching or lobster fishing
- On site bonfires, beach combing, cooking, gardening and art classes
Students will participate in three hours of English language instruction each weekday morning. The afternoon activities focus on utilizing the English language while having fun and learning new skills.
- Art classes
- Cooking classes
- Hiking on the Annapolis Basin and so much more...