Welcome to Nova Scotia's Gran Fondo!
Sunday September 24, 2017
In 2016, over 831 cyclists participated in Nova Scotia’s first Gran Fondo. In 2017, a 1000+ cyclists are expected to ride along Nova Scotia's French Acadian Shore for an unforgettable cycling and cultural experience on Sunday, September 24. In two short years, the Gran Fondo has grown into the largest cycling event in Atlantic Canada!
In Italian Gran Fondo means "Grand Tour", a mass-start cycling ride which brings together road cyclists of all abilities. The Gran Fondo Baie Sainte-Marie will appeal to those looking to ride for fun, for good health and to take on a personal challenge; all while enjoying the beautiful scenery in a safe environment.
Gran Fondo Baie Sainte-Marie is offering 4 rides in 2017: New this year, a 161.5 km SUPER GRAN loop will be offered for the hardcore cyclist! Experienced riders will be challenged by our slightly lengthened Gran 120 km or our Medio 67 km routes, while novice cyclists may prefer the shorter 35 km Piccolo Fondo. Riders will navigate rolling inland roads and pass by towering wooden churches along the panoramic coastal route that hugs beautiful Baie Sainte-Marie.
Gran Fondo Baie Sainte-Marie offers a new experience for both community residents and visiting outdoor enthusiasts—an experience that highlights the region’s Acadian culture and natural beauty.
For more info, visit granfondobaiesaintemarie.ca
The Annapolis Basin Conference Centre offers:
- Complimentary Breakfast
- Free Parking
- Hospitality Suites
- Wi-Fi Internet Access
- Complimentary passes to the FUNDY YMCA
- Beach Access
- Hiking Trail
- Queen Suite – One queen-sized bed with pillowtop mattress in bedroom area, separate sitting room with double-sized pull-out sofa bed, flat screen television and private bathroom with standard guest amenities. $99.00+HST - double occupancy.
- Standard Queen - One queen-sized bed with pillowtop mattress, flat screen television and private bathroom with standard guest amenities. $89.00+HST- double occupancy.
- Standard Double – One double-sized bed with pillowtop mattress, flat screen television and private bathroom with standard guest amenities. $85.00+HST- double occupancy.
- Two-Bedroom Economy Hostel Unit - Two single-sized beds per bedroom with interconnecting bathroom between two rooms. Each room has its own vanity and wash station with sink and mirror. $40.00+HST per person.
All prices are subject to 15% HST.
Be sure to book your Accommodation Package early.
The Basin Conference Centre offers Customized Solutions for Your Group Planning Needs.